Monday, August 27, 2007

How Soon is Now?

Really, what does that statement mean? I seem to be hearing or reading it a lot, but what does that mean? Well, I used the question because it talks about time and time seems to be what is most important in the discussion of existentialism, aside from being that is. Being and Time by Heidegger and Time and Narrative by Paul Ricoeur, both talked about the importance of the fact that we are fleeting entities. Time = Death. We die, we have limited time, that's it, now stop reading this and go spend your time living or existing. That's how I see it, their point that is, that since we have limited time, and we will eventually die, we need to get to live our lives before our time runs out. Or as how Ricoeur puts it, like a narrative, our life is bound by time, and how it needs to be told for it to count as existence. So let me share some things in which where I learned the idea of fleeting existence from

Dust in the Wind - Kansas


In the End - Linking Park


Sick Cycle Carousel - Lifehouse

Oh such beautiful songs, now excuse me as I slash my wrist and wait for my timely death.

Really, where do we go after nihilism? After knowing that we are dusts and in the end nothing really matters, and that all these are just a sick cycles? I already discussed this in one of my previous posts since the flow of ideas are from the first to the latest, how nihilism is really nothing. Maybe it is this very idea of fleeting time that most existential thinkers think in the same line, we know we only have limited time, so we need to make it precious. So, we have time left, until we die, our story shall continue...

And oh, another good suicidal song is Mad World by Gary Jules

No comments: